Resources are a general indication of financial assets, but they are more than monetary wealth. Money can be gained and lost; this Background includes such things as property, clothing and basic equipment, as well as how easily your character can acquire more. While resources are not entirely liquid assets, possessions can be sold to gain money (though doing so may take some ime depending on what is for sale).
Each Resource dot conveys a standard income beyond any gear or wealth your character gains during play. The source of this stipend must be detailed (contract work, employment, royalties, investments), since it may be increased, reduced or cut off entirely depending on events in the series. Wealth is listed in American dollars; the actual currency may differ depending on your character’s origin.
As with influence, most novas have few problems acquiring resources – through one means or another.
- 0 – None: You are homeless and broke.
- 1 – Small savings: You have a tiny apartment and maybe an old used car. If you liquidated all your possessions, you’d have about $2,500.
- 2 – Comfortable: You have a respect able flat and probably a reliable auto. If liquidated, your belongings would yield approximately $ 50,000.
- 3 – Affluent You own a house, yacht or other sizable equity. If liquidated, these items would yield around $250,000.
- 4 – Wealthy: You own a significant amount of property (a mansion, apartment building, office tower or similar structure). You’d have at least $1,000,000 if you liquidated everything.
- 5 – Amazingly rich: You have more money than you know what to do with. If you liquidated everything, you’d have at least $10,000,000.